Operational Excellence (Receiving Clerk)
- Close monitoring of costs and/or revenue generation to ensure business targets are achieved.
- Coordinate with the F&B team the costing, portioning and margin analysis of menus.
- Oversee and report on consumption, inventory losses and gains, costs and margins.
- Spot check of outlet beverage stock to minimize the risk of fraudulent activities
- Oversee and report on quotation and specification of inventory, establish standardized stock keeping units and quality assure supply.
- Coordinate with the F&B teams agreed costing for production programs aligned to forecast demand.
- Match actuals against forecast and maintain good historical data to improve accuracy of estimates and reduce wastage.
- Oversee goods receives to avoid false inventory readings, and control potential for fraud.
- Closely control monitoring of beverage consumption in all outlets, especially quoted and actuals for events. Closely control stock takes, consumption recording and requisitions, especially for beverages.
- Assure that quotation and invoicing is non-discrepant and independently report and audit all short deliveries or return of stock.
- Spot check deliveries and spot check receiving clerk procedures, and document findings in a rolling monthly file using a quantitative scoring system.
- Preparation and circulation of daily cost (Flash) report to all concerned.
- Assist cost controller in month end related tasks and inventory reports.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, and provide guidance to fellow associates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a world-class service.
- Assist in communication and compliance of all approved hotel policies & procedures in the Department.
- Ensure work flow is in continuous adherence to all approved policies & procedures.
- Motivate fellow associates and contribute to the identification of opportunities to take part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that reflect international best practice and changes in the competitive environment.
- Encouragement of safe work, promotion of personal wellbeing and of environmental awareness.
- Protection and optimization of assets and productivity improvement to improve returns on capital.
Reporting & Month end tasks
- Assist Store Keeper in month end stock take conducted in coordination with cost control.
- Any ad-hoc report requested by DOF/ADOF/CA or management
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, economics or business administration.
Typical Experience 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar role
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge in cost accounting
- Excellent excel skills