Day Audit Functions
- Follow up on items outstanding from the night audit log.
- Check the samples of rates charged against rates quoted in bookings, and sample upgrades to assure correct rates and coding’s.
- Check cash transactions in outlets and assure that receipts are issued after breakfast and luncheon sittings.
- Check all reversals ensuring that they have been authorized by the relevant manager.
- Check all gift vouchers, entertainments and duty meals postings for checking the authority and limits as per procedure.
- Take action jointly with front office on any high balance or on any change of status which requires additional coverage.
- Check the coding of all rates, and the coding of all bookings.
- Identify and seek to remedy lost postings.
- Review upgrade, early check-in and late checkout report.
- Cross verify the no shows and cancellations
- Verification of MOD revenue
- Daily reconciliation of credit card settlements, Tourism Dirham collection, Lease and Shop rental revenue allocation etc.
- Review and reconciliation of BEO against Banquet revenue posting and ensure revenue are recorded in accordance with the BEO and the correct segments. Ensure all minimum guarantee are posted accurately.
- Conduct regular spot checks in outlets and front office.
- Reconcile all credit and charge transactions and all foreign currency paid outs.
- Ensure all paid outs have supporting authorizing documentation.
- Support Income Audit supervisor for all month end related reports and tasks.
- Get cross trained in receiving, costing and general cashiering functions inured to relieve them during their annual vacation.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, and provide guidance to fellow staff members and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a world-class service.
- Assist in communication and compliance of all approved hotel policies & procedures in the Department.
- Ensure work flow is in continuous adherence to all approved policies & procedures..
- Motivate fellow staff members and contribute to the identification of opportunities to take part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that reflect international best practice and changes in the competitive environment.
- Encouragement of safe work, promotion of personal wellbeing and of environmental awareness.
- Protection and optimization of assets and productivity improvement to improve returns on capital
Reporting & Month end tasks
- Preparation of complimentary report
- Month end revenue reconciliation report.
- Duty meals report
Any ad-hoc report requested by DOF/ADOF/CA or management
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, economics or business administration.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar role. Or
- 3 to 5 years of experience as night auditor
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of PMS and POS software
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Middle East experience is preferable.