General Cashiering Functions
- Responsible for maintaining the Main Bank account and providing currency exchange to all Hotel Cashiers.
- Maintain adequate levels of cash necessary to replenish hotel cashier floats on daily basis.
- Responsible for daily collecting, verifying and counting all cash envelopes deposited in the cash vault.
- Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand.
- Maintain over/short record by cashier notifying department head and controller where discrepancies exist. Follow up with deposit discrepancies. To liaise with Income Auditor on this.
- Get the Exchange Rates from the Exchange House and update the Exchange Rate. Ensure the exchange rates obtained are competitive rates.
- Consolidated all deposits and collections for the day and a main deposit will be prepared for the bank pickup.
- Prepare daily bank deposit in a timely manner.
- Preparing foreign exchange sheet and calculate the exchange difference.
- Prepares daily report of bank deposit, foreign currencies summary and general cashier report to Chief Accountant and Assistant Director of Finance.
- Send out over short report and distributes daily cash summary via e-mail.
- Accepts approved cash receipt and payment of approved petty cash vouchers.
- Due back to Front Office.
- Makes change, cashes cheque and issues receipts or tickets to customers.
- Prepare Daily General Cashier Disbursement Summary and forward to Chief Accountant for verification.
- Is responsible for internal auditing of House Funds as well as other internal controls as needed.
- Conduct monthly surprise counts of all house banks.
- House bank contracts for all issued banks to be kept in current and accurate manner.
- Proceed with month end closings within deadlines.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a world-class service.
- Assist in communication and compliance of all approved hotel policies & procedures in the Department.
- Ensure work flow is in continuous adherence to all approved policies & procedures.
- Motivate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities to take part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that reflect international best practice and changes in the competitive environment.
- Encouragement of safe work, promotion of personal wellbeing and of environmental awareness.
- Protection and optimization of assets and productivity improvement to improve returns on capital.
Reporting & Month end tasks
- Month end cashier report.
- Petty cash tracking
- Visa expenses tracking by employee
- Any ad-hoc report requested by DOF/ADOF/CA or management
Qualification, experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, economics or business administration.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an assistant to outlet cashier /Income Audit
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Interim knowledge of PMS and POS software
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal