Operational Excellence (Receiving Clerk)
- Plan daily receives against the forward list and liaise with suppliers to ensure coordination of deliveries and checking required.
- Maintain accurate records of purchase orders and specifications for prompt checking of manifests.
- Identify all shipments not meeting requirement and clearly communicate concerns to vendors and management.
- Ensure all statutory and license related documentation to achieve compliance and maintain records.
- Follow the HACCP receives processes and ensure that testing requirements are met and documented.
- Coordinate documented spots checks of all critical processes in receives and publish quantitative scores for each component.
- Mark all invoices and documents which are compliant to specification for approval by the manager for payment.
- Identify any anomalies.
- Update inventory records and ensure that the FIFO principle is followed when consignments are taken into store.
- Utmost care should be taken while receiving the items from suppliers regarding the quality, expiry and quantity of the goods.
- Make sure to check the temperature of the refrigerated delivery vehicles and also their compliance to HACCAP standards.
- Beverage handling should be in compliance with CID and municipality regulations.
- All invoices received from suppliers to be matched with LPO and forwarded to accounts payable department with all the supporting documentation for processing the payments to suppliers.
- Interact with Cost Controller on a regular basis regarding the need/demand of items so that the orders could be placed accordingly to maintain the par level.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, and provide guidance to fellow associates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a world-class service.
- Assist in communication and compliance of all approved hotel policies & procedures in the Department.
- Ensure work flow is in continuous adherence to all approved policies & procedures.
- Motivate fellow associates and contribute to the identification of opportunities to take part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that reflect international best practice and changes in the competitive environment.
- Encouragement of safe work, promotion of personal wellbeing and of environmental awareness.
- Protection and optimization of assets and productivity improvement to improve returns on capital.
Reporting & Month end tasks
- Assist Store Keeper in month end stock take conducted in coordination with cost control.
- Any ad-hoc report requested by DOF/ADOF/CA or management.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, economics or business administration.
Typical Experience 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar role
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Basic knowledge of Material control software
Knowledge in Basic food hygiene and HACCAP