By entering this competition, you hereby agree to the following terms and represent and warrant to Rove Hotels and World Art Dubai (also referred as “us”) that all registration information you submit is truthful, accurate and:
- Eligibility – The competition is open for all artists of 18 years of age. Employees of Rove Hotels and World Art Dubai are not eligible to enter.
- Copyrights – All of the artworks that you will be submitting are original, created by yourself or created by an artist who authorized you to submit the artwork on his/her behalf. Artworks submitted by you do not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting our rights, it is our policy to terminate all relations with any artist who infringes copyright upon our receipt of a notice of infringement from the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal counsel.
- Accepted Media –
- Digital art: Images, Illustrations, animations and 3D digital art.
- Minimum artwork resolution: 1000×1000
- Digital submission file. Accepted formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG and MP4.
Submission can be made by sending the artwork via the provided form on original format or PDF. Alternatively, a link to a cloud service where the artwork will be visible, can also be provided
Competition entry must be submitted via the provided form. No entries will be accepted via email, social media or any alternative channel.
- Artwork Subject Matter – The artwork which will be uploaded by you will not include material that is pornographic, sexually explicit, violent and/or racist. The theme of the competition is ‘Unplug Yourself’. Eligible artworks must fit within the requested theme.
- Competition Timeline – Competition timeline will take place as per below:
- 1 to 28 February– Artwork Submission
- 1 to 10 March– Judges deliberation time
- 10 March – All shortlisted artworks will be announced.
- 16 to 19 March– Shortlisted artworks will be exhibited at World Art Dubai. Winners will be declared.
- Juror – If for any reason an announced juror is unable to judge the entries, the entries will be judged by the remaining jurors and/or alternate jurors.
- Jurying – During the first round, judging will be ‘blind’. Individual scores from judges will be averaged to produce a single score for each entry. No names or other indicators will be shown in judging to lead to the entrant and no names or other indicators are allowed on the Entry that could indicate who is the author of the Entry.
In the second round, the top 10 artworks will be showcased at World Art Dubai between 16 to 19 March 2022.
- Selected Artists – If your work is selected it will be the artist’s exclusive responsibility to send the artwork to Rove Hotels and to make sure it is ready to be displayed. The artist agrees that he/she will follow all of Rove Hotels and World Art Dubai’s procedures for exhibition and that Rove Hotels and World Art Dubai has the exclusive right to revoke his/her participation if those instructions are not followed.
All artists wanting to participate in the NFT sale must upload the artworks to their NFT marketplace of choice prior to the start of the show on 16th March. All expenses related to the minting of the NFT artwork will be covered by the artist.
- Awards – All shortlisted artworks will obtain complimentary access to World Art Dubai, being exhibited at the Rove Hotels stand in World Art Dubai 2022. Additionally, shortlisted artworks will have a chance to compete for 2 prizes:
- Grand Winner – The grand winner, selected by the judges, will be awarded a complimentary space to exhibit his/her artworks at World Art Dubai 2023.
- People’s Choice Award – An exclusive exhibition space at one of Rove Hotels for a period of 3 months, plus a one-night stay for two.
- Usage of Images – We will have the right to publish images of your artwork selected by the jurors on our websites and other advertising channels to promote future competitions and your artwork.
- Retention of Images – By uploading your artwork, you authorize us to retain the images of such uploaded artwork in our system until the conclusion of the competition. You further authorize us to retain such images following the conclusion of the competition. We are retaining these images in order for you to be able to easily submit them to other competitions in the future. At any time, after the conclusion of the competition, you may send us an email at email@example.com requesting that we delete such images. We will confirm the receipt of the email and your images will be deleted within 10 business days after your receipt of our confirmation.
- Changes in Schedule – Rove Hotels and World Art Dubai reserves the right to change competition deadlines and dates due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Fee – This competition is completely free of cost for participants. However, artworks participating in the NFT auction must be minted by the artist using their NFT marketplace of choice in order to be sold during World Art Dubai event. Any fees associated with the minting of the NFT artwork will be covered by the artist.
- NFT transactions – Neither Rove Hotels nor World Art Dubai will take any part in the live Artwork NFT auction. The transfer of artwork, funds, copyright as well as any fees associated to the transaction will take place as per the Terms and Conditions and general regulations of the NFT marketplace where the NFT is for sale.
Neither Rove Hotels nor World Art Dubai will receive any commission related to this transaction. Any issues related to the purchase of the artists’ artwork are to be resolved directly between the artist and the buyer with no involvement from the organisers of the Emerging Artist Prize.
- Liability Waiver – The Artist, hereby assumes all risks and hazards incidental to any participation in the display of their artwork at Rove Hotels and World Art Dubai
The Artist understands that the artwork is submitted to Rove Hotels and World Art Dubai and exhibited at the Artist’s own risk and that neither Rove Hotels, World Art Dubai nor any of their officers, agents, and employees shall be responsible for theft, or any other damages or losses to the artwork. The Artist understands and agrees that Rove Hotels and World Art Dubai make no representations or warranties regarding the level of security in their facilities or premises. The Artists understands and agrees that both Rove Hotels and World Art Dubai as well as their officers, agents, and employees will not be responsible for reimbursement or replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged items and that both parties do not insure items such as the submitted artwork. The Artist understands and agrees that Rove Hotels and World Art Dubai encourage the owner of the artwork or the owner’s agent to obtain an insurance policy for the artwork or to obtain a rider on any existing policy for the duration of the exhibit.
- Indemnity – You agree to indemnify and hold Rove Hotels and World Art Dubai, their owners, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, representatives and employees harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, relating to any claim made by any third party due to or arising out of your violation of any of the foregoing terms and conditions and/or any breach of your covenants, representations, and warranties set forth above.