SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The Master Handshaker is responsible to delight our Rovers at all stages. The Master Handshaker must maintain a consistently high standard of customer service throughout the shift. He/she also acts as a representative of the hotel and handles all Rover matters brought to their attention to the satisfaction of the Rover.
- To escort guests to their rooms upon arrival, describing the Hotel’s facilities along the way.
- To maintain high visibility in the Lobby and Reception areas, providing assistance to guests as needed.
- To handle all guest concerns in a polite and professional manner, and in line with established empowerment guidelines.
- To provide support to Reception, Bell Stand, Executive Lounge and Business Lounge as needed.
- To check on arriving guest preferences, and actions them throughout the hotel, ensuring that guest rooms are set up accurately prior to the guest’s arrival.
- To contact guests in advance to verify booking, billing, transportation, and any additional requirements.
- To complete additional tasks as assigned from time to time by their supervisor. This may include training and meeting attendance.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in a third language will be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software
- Customer service orientation and able to personalize and interact with guests in a polite and courteous manner
- Enthusiastic and pleasant personality