WHAT WE STAND FOR
Rove Hotels is passionate about making a positive impact on our world. A few of our proudest environmental and social initiatives include:
0 plastic bottles in our hotels
composting 100% of our food waste
digitalised operations that cut down on paper consumption by 90%
we target a 50-50 gender balance in leadership positions
#SAVEENERGY, WASTE LESS, RE-USE MORE
We are also a proud member of the Sustainable Hospitality Alliance
Rove Expo 2020 is a LEED Gold-certified building
We are the first hotel group to pass Dubai Tourism's sustainability requirements
All our hotels are Green Key certified amongst only 4,000 hotels worldwide
Sustainability is such a key part of our operations, and we love it when Rovers join in our efforts. Here are the five key sustainability pillars we work towards:
No plastic bottles in our hotels
- We have replaced plastic bottles with glass ones across our guest rooms
- We’re happy to fill up re-usable bottles with complimentary filtered water whenever a Rover brings a re-usable bottle to The Daily or a meeting area!
- No more plastic key cards – ours are made out of bamboo!
- The in-room re-fillable amenities that Rovers love are packaged in dispensers made of recycled plastic 5. Each of our Rovesters is armed with a re-usable water bottle!
- We’ve reduced our team’s paper consumption by over 90% by re defining our processes and implementing digital solutions.
- Rovers can help save trees, too! We request them to accept e-mailed invoices & check-in digitally.
- Our key card jackets are made out of 100% recycled paper, with key information tied digitally to a QR code, further cutting down on paper waste. This helps us save over 1 million sheets of paper a year.
- We’re always thinking of ways to be more sustainable. All our menus have been optimised to minimise food waste, with a thoughtful emphasis on family sharing and other similar initiatives.
WE USE AC CONDENSATE DRAIN WATERFOR ALL IRRIGATION
- Our properties feature saltwater pools instead of chlorine to prevent unnecessary chemicals from going into our water.
- We have incorporated consumption limiters into all water taps, shower heads, and toilet flushes across our properties to reduce flow and avoid unnecessary waste of water. Similarly, all urinals and hand wash taps in public areas feature water sensors.
- We use highly eco-friendly dishwashers that use only 3 litres per wash cycle.
All of our hotels are equipped with LED lights, using 75% less energy than traditional bulbs
- All of our hotels have solar power forwater heating.
- In order to save energy consumption, we’ve implemented a Guest Room Management System to automatically turn off lights and adjust the temperature when rooms are not occupied.
- We adapt our schedules and temperaturesfor air conditioning according to the season. Similarly, external hotel lights operate on a timed schedule, saving energy during daylight hours.
Our Rovesters proudly wear uniforms made of recycled plastic. Each shirt takes 3 bottles from a landfill
- We offer Tesla superchargers in all of our hotels, making it easy for those driving electric cars.
- In favour of sustainability, all of our hotels have vegan menus.
- We work with local suppliers, where possible,to cut down on greenhouse gas emissions.
LET'S CREATE A CLEANER COMMUNITY AROUND US, ONE INITIATIVE AT A TIME!