World Art Dubai and Rove Hotels, official hospitality partner of the event, have joint forces to support local talent.
If you are an up and coming artist looking for an opportunity to exhibit your art, this is your chance.
The competition theme is ‘My Culture. My Community. My Neighbourhood.’. Use art to showcase the world and culture around you.
The competition is divided in three rounds:
- First Round: Using the form below, artists can submit their artworks to the competition. Additional details below:
- Accepted Media: Painting, drawing, digital artworks, digital printing, and mixed media are eligible.
- Physical Artwork Size: Maximum A0 (841 x 1189 mm)
- Digital submission file: must be an A3 PDF format, with a maximum size of 5Mb.
- Second Round: Out of all submitted artworks, a total of 20 pieces will be shortlisted and exhibited at Rove Hotels. Hotel guests and Dubai city residents will have a chance to vote for their favourite pieces at the hotels. Guests staying, visiting or dining at Rove will be encouraged to fill out a vote-card, which will be available with every transaction and then deposited in the ballot box, next to each artwork.
The 10 artworks with the most votes will make it to the next round.
Third Round: Shortlisted art pieces will be exhibited at the Rove Café space in World Art Dubai.
Out of these pieces, two winners will be selected, a Grand Winner and a People’s Choice Winner.
- Grand Prize: The grand winner, selected by the judges, will be awarded with complimentary space to exhibit his/her artworks at World Art Dubai 2020.
- People’s Choice Award: An exclusive Rove stay package inclusive of 2 night stay for 2 at any of Rove Hotels properties, Friday Bench Brunch for 5 people, Saturday Boodle Fight at Rove Trade Centre for 5 people and 5 cinema tickets for a movie of your choice at Reel Boutique in Rove Downtown.
- 12th February to 23rd February 2019 – Artwork Submission
- Before 2nd March 2019 – Shortlisted Artworks will be contacted and declared
- Before 9th March 2019 – Shortlisted Artworks must be delivered to Rove Hotels
- 16th to 30th March 2019 – Artworks will be exhibited at Rove Hotels
- 3rd to 6th April 2019 – Most voted artworks will be displayed at World Art Dubai. Winners will be declared.
- Tomas Contreras – Design Director at Emaar Hospitality Group
- Petra Kaltenbach – Master of Visual Communication