Following last year’s success, Emerging Artist Prize & Exhibition returns for its second year in partnership with World Art Dubai.
If you are an up and coming artist looking for an opportunity to exhibit your art, this is your chance.
The competition theme is Across Cultures.
The competition is divided in three rounds:
- First Round: Using the form below, artists can submit their artworks to the competition. Additional details below:
- Accepted Media: Painting, drawing, digital artworks, digital printing, and mixed media are eligible.
- Physical Artwork Size: Maximum A0 (841 x 1189 mm)
- Digital submission file: must be an A3 PDF format, with a maximum size of 5Mb.
- Second Round: Out of all submitted artworks, shortlisted ones will be unveiled at Rove Hotels.
- Third Round: Shortlisted art pieces will be exhibited in one of Rove Hotels and Rovers will have a chance to vote for their favourite pieces online.
10 shortlisted art pieces will be exhibited at the Rove Café space in World Art Dubai 2020.
- 2nd February to 2nd March 2020 – Artwork Submission
- Before 6th March 2020 – Shortlisted Artworks will be contacted and declared
- Before 31st August 2020 – Shortlisted Artworks must be delivered to Rove Hotels
- 1st – 24th September 2020 – Shortlisted artworks will be exhibited in one of Rove Hotels. Voting would be available online only.
- 24th September 2020 – Top 10 artworks will be revealed at the event in Rove Hotels.
- 8th to 10th October 2020 – Most voted 10 artworks will be displayed at Rove Corner in World Art Dubai 2020. Winners will be declared.
- Grand Prize: The grand winner, selected by the judges, will be awarded with complimentary space to exhibit his/her artworks at World Art Dubai 2021.
- People’s Choice Prize: Exhibition Space at one of Rove Hotels’ properties for a period of 3 months and an overnight stay at one of Rove Hotels properties, inclusive of breakfast.
- Petra Kaltenbach – Master of Visual Communication
- Rebia Naim – Emerging Scene
- Rove Hotels Team.