World Art Dubai, the region’s largest contemporary retail art fair, and Rove Hotels, the official hospitality partner of the event, have joined forces to support local talent once again through their hotly anticipated Emerging Visual Artist Prize.
If you are an up-and-coming artist looking for an opportunity to exhibit your art, this is your chance.
Shortlisted artworks will be displayed at the Rove Hotels’ Emerging Artist Prize area in World Art Dubai 2023.
The competition is divided into three rounds:
- Submission Stage:
Dates: 9th January to 28 February 2023
Using the form below, artists can submit their artworks to the competition. Additional details are below:
- Accepted Media: Digital art: Images, illustrations, animations and 3D digital art.
- Minimum artwork resolution: 1000×1000 px
- Digital submission file. Accepted formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG and MP4.
The prize is open to artists from all over the world.
- Final Shortlist:
Dates: The shortlist will be announced by 5 March 2023.
- Exhibition at World Art Dubai
A maximum of 10 shortlisted artworks will be featured at Rove Hotels’ Emerging Artist Prize in World Art Dubai between 9-12 March 20223.
Additionally, artists will have the option to sell their artworks via a live NFT auction during the dates of the event. All event attendees will have a chance to purchase the artworks directly from the artist via an NFT marketplace.
NFT artworks are to be minted directly by the shortlisted artists on their marketplace of choice. For more information, check here the Emerging Artists Prize T&Cs.
Out of the 10 shortlisted pieces, two winners will be selected, a Grand Winner and a People’s Choice Winner.
- Grand Prize: The grand winner, selected by the judges, will be awarded complimentary space to exhibit his/her work at World Art Dubai 2024.
- People’s Choice Award: The winner of this category will have a chance to exhibit his/her work at one of Rove Hotels’ properties in Dubai for a period of 3 months, as well as a one-night stay for two people.
- Before 28 February – Artwork Submission
- 1 to 5 March – Judges deliberation time
- 6 March – All shortlisted artworks will be announced.
- 9 to 12 March – Shortlisted artworks will be exhibited at World Art Dubai. Winners will be declared.
The judging panel:
- Rove Hotels Design Team
- Petra Kaltenbach – Master of Visual Communication
- Batool Jafri – World Art Dubai Curator
- Samar Kamel – World Art Dubai Curator