The dessert that you won’t regret. Here’s a recipe of Qamardeen pie to complete your Iftar meal.
To find out more about Iftar, visit Iftar at The Daily.
SERVES 4 – 8 (1 pie)
PREP TIME (20 minutes) COOK TIME (setting time 3 hours)
- 250 g Oreo biscuit (center cream removed)
- 175 g unsalted butter melted
- 180 g white marshmallows
- 180 ml milk
- 100 ml Qamardeen syrup
- 1/8 tsp orange food colorant
- 600 ml cream
- In a food processor blend the Oreo biscuits into a fine crumb.
- Put the crumbs in a bowl and mix in melted butter.
- Place the crumb mixture in a pie dish. Make an even layer on the bottom of the pie pan. Place in fridge and let set for 30 minutes
- Melt marshmallows in the milk over a low heat while stirring. When mixture is melted remove from heat.
- Stir in the orange colorant and Qamardeen syrup. Color should be light orange if want a darker orange add more colorant. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whip 300 grams of cream with a hand mixer to soft peaks. Fold the whip cream into the marshmallow mixtures.
- Pour the mixture onto the Oreo base. Place in fridge and let set for about two hours.
- When the pie has set, whip the remaining cream to medium peaks and spread on top of pie